Monday, October 3, 2011

Bridal Shower Cake


What do you love most about a bridal or baby shower? I love the details! Themes, invitations, decor... refreshments, games, gifts... I love it all! So much thought and preparation goes into planning a shower, and I love to soak up every little detail. :) The baker inside me loves to check out the dessert table. Whether there's cake, cupcakes, petit fours... cookies, brownies, tarts... pass me a plate and shower me in sweetness!
I made this cake for a wedding shower at my office. Just so happens, both the bride and groom work in my department - two wonderful people, therefore twice the celebration!! I couldn't resist signing up to make a cake. I love baking for special occasions... it gives my flour and sugar a more meaningful purpose. :) I made a traditional vanilla cake with a hint of almond, and topped it with a classic buttercream frosting. Yum! It tasted delicious, and it seemed to be a big hit amongst my co-workers.

Cheers to the bride the groom (who have since wed)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice