Friday, January 14, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Clusters


Who loves chocolate covered peanuts??? Um, we do! :) These delectable little clusters are amazing. But consider yourself warned - these are highly addictive!
Such an easy recipe... you throw all the ingredients into a crock pot. Yes. A crock pot. Completely hassle free and great for any occasion! We go through several batches during the holidays. And with Valentine's Day just around the corner, I can't think of a better candy to gift to that special someone. Plop them in a candy dish when company comes over and watch as they're gobbled right up. Or, serve them with popcorn when you hunker down for movie night. I'm not kidding; they're excellent little treats. So long Goobers. Hello homemade peanut clusters!
Ingredients
Yields about 80 pieces (recipe can easily be halved)
1 (16 oz) can salted dry roasted peanuts 
1 (16 oz) can unsalted dry roasted peanuts 
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 (4 oz) package Baker's German chocolate
32 oz white almond bark

Directions
Spray crock pot with cooking spray (you may omit this step if you're using a crock pot liner). Place peanuts in the bottom of the crock pot, mixing salted and unsalted peanuts together. Add morsels, German chocolate, and bark. Cover and cook on low setting for 90 minutes. After allotted time, stir so that all the contents are well combined. Cook an extra 15 minutes if chocolate is not completely melted.

Line baking sheets with wax paper. Place rounded spoonfuls onto wax paper and allow to cool. 

Enjoy!

23 comments:

Blog is the New Black on January 14, 2011 at 8:26 AM said...

OMG... this looks insane!!!! Best combo ever!

Carolyn on January 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM said...

These look awesome and the pics are great, I hope you are submitting to FG, TS and Tasteologie!

Anonymous said...

Wow these clusters look amazing! I can't believe you use a crock pot too. That is awesome. Definitely will be trying this recipe!

Evan @swEEts on January 14, 2011 at 10:20 AM said...

This is the easiest and greatest quick treat! I love it.. I always buy the chocolate peanut butter clusters at the grocery and now I don't have to!

Amy Bakes Everything on January 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM said...

OMG This is wonderful! I'm totally using this recipe, my husband loves peanuts!

Tiffany on January 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM said...

If you put chocolate on any nut, I'm in! I love that you used salted and unsalted peanuts! YUM!

Christina on January 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM said...

They look so pretty! Almost too good to eat! Almost! ;)

Vicki Wilde on January 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM said...

Ooo, these are my favorite candies! I love that you just throw everything together in a crock pot! Genious!

Bubbe Bites on January 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM said...

This should fill my peanut chocolate craving.

Sandra on January 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM said...

Oh they are gorgeous and look so delish!!! I love your photos!

briarrose on January 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM said...

I love peanut clusters. Neat use of a crockpot.

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels on January 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM said...

I love that you made these in a crockpot! What a great idea, I would have never of thought to make candy in one. If I wasn't allergic to peanuts I would SO make these. They not only look delicious but they're gorgeous too! What beautiful photos. :)

Anonymous said...

I would never have guessed crock pot, but I love the idea! Hurry up Valentine's Day :)

Mary at n00bcakes on January 15, 2011 at 7:51 AM said...

Whoa, peanut clusters in a crock pot, how cool! I've never heard of that before, that's pretty creative. ^_^ Thanks for the recipe!

Carolyn on January 15, 2011 at 11:54 AM said...

Saw these on Foodgawker. YAY!

dawnalee on January 15, 2011 at 12:01 PM said...

What a great idea! My nephew is going to love that he's getting a batch for his birthday!

tamilyn on January 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM said...

I need a quick treat to make for a family get together the weekend before Valentine's Day. I think I just found that treat!

Medifast Coupon on January 15, 2011 at 2:19 PM said...

Splendid recipe! This is a hassle free way of making home made treats, and still having time to spare. Excellent.

The Cilantropist on January 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM said...

These look delicious! I would love to make them with almonds or cashews. :)

Anonymous said...

I also throw in a cup of crushed potato chips. Really adds to the yumminess!

Anonymous said...

These were so easy, and taste great! Instead of dropping spoonfuls onto wax paper, I used mini cupcake liners. Makes 100+. Thanks so much for a recipe I will use over and over again.

Anonymous said...

I accidentally got the milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet...will that work??????

Nora on August 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM said...

I made these as "Cockroach Clusters" for a Harry Potter party. They are BEYOND delicious!! I used half peanuts and half almonds, and I just used white chocolate morsels instead of white almond bark. I also used Baker's unsweetened chocolate, since I already had some on hand, and added a half tablespoon of agave nectar.

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice