Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


I love Reese’s Pieces!.. I love Devil’s Food Cake!.. Give me a cookie that has both, and I’ll love that too!!
When I discovered this recipe a couple of years ago, I was immediately drawn to it. The color scheme makes me think of Halloween, so I always find them fun to bake around this time of year. I have to be careful with these though because I'm weak when it comes to chocolate and peanut butter... I simply cannot resist the combination! This batch was made special for Matt's co-worker's birthday, so I only allotted myself two before packing them all up and sending them away. That's self-control at its greatest people!
This recipe is kid friendly, so get them involved and let them lend you a hand in the kitchen! Some of my most cherished memories from my childhood are that of me baking with my dad. Plus, they'll enjoy each bite so much more when they've helped make the cookies. This is a thick dough, so they’re easy to roll and shape. Just make sure the kiddos wash their hands. :)

Ingredients
Yields about 3 1/2 dozen cookies
1 package Duncan Hines devil's food cake mix
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 eggs
2-3 tbsp milk
1 cup Reese's Pieces

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, peanut butter, eggs and milk. Beat on low speed with electric mixer until blended. Stir in Reese's Pieces.

Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press on the top of each ball to flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until toothpick placed in center of cookie comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets and then transfer to cooling racks.

Source: slightly adapted from The Cake Mix Bible baking book 

3 comments:

Danielle on October 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM said...

These look delicious! I love making cake mix cookies. The cookies never come out flat!

Carolyn on October 24, 2010 at 10:47 AM said...

Well this is timely! Last weekend I made PB cookies with Reese's Pieces, but I love the idea of a chocolate cookie with them. Check out mine and let me know what you think!

megan @ whatmegansmaking on October 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM said...

These look awesome! They look perfect for halloween :) I actually have that cookbook, but I've only ever made 1 thing out of it. I need to change that :)

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice